A vacancy for a Life cycle Assessment (LCA) & Ecodesign Engineer (d/m/f) has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space, available for the location Getafe (GET). The successful applicant will join the Product Environmental Compliance and Ecodesign department.
Are you passionate about Airbus D&S products and would like to have an impact in the society? Do you want to contribute to the environment?
If your answer is yes, you will clearly want to join the Product Environmental Compliance and Ecodesign team. We are a team in Airbus Defence and Space which is dynamic, working hand-in-hand with the projects, designers, and acting as a supportive and evolving community.
As a Life cycle Assessment (LCA) & Ecodesign Engineer, you will contribute actively to the measurement and reduction of our products’ environmental impacts, via the deployment of LCA studies. Additionally, as a secondary role, you will address product environmental related customer requests coming from different programmes, prepare proposals and ensure its implementation.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Degree in Aeronautical or Environmental Engineering, Environmental Sciences. Master’s Degree in Environmental Engineering.
- Performing Life Cycle Assessments (LCA) on products, materials and/or technologies. You will start on Clean Aviation R&T.
- Assist product environmental related deliverables to customers, by supporting on cost quotation, management of activity and execution and delivery of contracted deliverables.
- Interfacing with the different stakeholders, functions, internal and external project teams.
- Support on representing Airbus Defence and Space in front of internal and external customers.
- Managing external support for addressing LCA projects needs and ensure performance of supplier.
- Contributing to the Ecodesign strategy and divisional Responsibility & Sustainability and Environment Affairs objectives.
- Contribute to the overall strategy of LCA service supporting the LCA Service Manager.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- You are passionate about Airbus D&S products and the environment
- You either have an engineering degree in Natural Science, Environment or equivalent with experience in Aerospace or you have an engineering degree in Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering with a post-graduation/masters and significant hands on experience in LCA.
- You are a systems thinker
- You have a good understanding of LCA methodologies and associated standards (ILCD, ISO14040,…)
- You have between 2 or 3 years of experience in LCA in industry or academia.
- You have performed LCA of complex products using LCA software (Gabi, Simapro)
- You have good analytical skills and a structured way of working
- You are adaptable to changing requirements from customers and able to dynamically re-prioritize activities.
- You have good presentation skills
- You can work in an European team environment and are willing to travel regularly
- Languages: English at negotiation Ievel, additional languages (i.e. German, Spanish, French) are a plus.