The Internal Communications Business Partner is the pulsing heart of internal communications at EIT Climate-KIC. They are highly connected with colleagues and attentive to their communications needs, putting processes in place to meet these needs, create a more open culture and foster engagement. The Business Partner will shape and lead internal communications efforts and manage the full spectrum of internal communications channels and, while a member of the Communications & Marketing team, they partner with multiple teams across the organisation to ensure a sense of connection.
- Create and implement a robust internal communications strategy for the organisation
- Provide strategic counsel for leadership communications, promoting a de-centralised approach to IC, easing anxiety, building trust, providing a feeling of being heard, supporting training and capability building, etc
- Lead internal communications campaigns to drive engagement and foster a culture of distributed leadership.
- Build internal communications processes and workflows that support the adoption of new tools and process for distributed and remote working
- Suppot efforts to create an employee value propostion
- Manage internal communications processes and channels (including cascading mechanisms, the onboarding programme, The Hub (EIT Climate-KIC Intranet), Teams Channels), ensuring their regular and consistant use
- Content creation for internal communications channels
- Support all-staff events as a main communication milestone in the year
Key Working Relationships
- Communications & Marketing Orchestrator
- People Team Orchestrator
- Chief of Staff
- Company Secretary
- Communications & Marketing Team
- People Team
- Strategy Team
- Boost (Ops) Team
To be successful in this role you will be a skilled internal communications manager who understands what it takes to connect and engage teams. You are a natural people-person and enjoy creating internal networks. You are a strategic thinker but also a committed doer. You relish creating structure out of chaos and are not afraid to put yourself out there.
- A Master’s degree in the communications, HR, organisational behaviour or related field is preferred and may be substituted for two (2) years of required experience
- Eight (8) or more years of demonstrated experience in communications, HR, organisational behaviour or related field with at least three (3) years of experience in internal commmunications
- Experience working with people in different geographies and from diverse cultural backgrounds
- Experience creating internal communications is a decentralised and remote working atmosphere
- Experience in change management
- ·Outstanding grasp of internal communications tools and their application
- ·Sharp understanding of engagement mechanisms and measurement
- Excellent people skills, with solid networking and collaboration capabilities
- Keen editorial skills
- Fluent in English, other European languages are a plus
- Experience or willingness to work with collaborative IT applications (we use Office365 and Microsoft Teams, as well as Miro, Zoom, Mentimeter etc.)
Qualities, Personal Style, and Approach
- Solutions-focused, with a “can do” attitude
- Hands-on and pro-active with a drive for problem-solving
- Innovative thinking and confidence to encourage creativity in other
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across all levels of management- both internally and externally
- Articulate and dynamic with highly developed interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively, inspire and motivate people.
- Highly adaptable, flexible and resilient: able to work effectively in ambiguity and complexity and to respond dynamically to change.
- Curious, ambitious, respectful and fearless.