At EIT Climate-KIC, we are wholeheartedly committed to building a diverse and representative team and an inclusive workplace that values different life experiences and perspectives, and we encourage personal development, learning and growth.
When recruiting, we look to achieve diversity in the candidate pool. We actively encourage applications from underrepresented groups and are happy to consider reasonable adjustments that will foster success in potential employees from diverse backgrounds and life situations. And because our team has differing needs and personal circumstances, we offer a high degree of flexibility to accommodate all working patterns. We’re happy to discuss your situation during the interview and see how best we can support you.
Don’t let Imposter Syndrome stop you from applying!
EIT Climate-KIC (Knowledge and Innovation Community) is Europe’s foremost climate innovation initiative, entrusted by the European Commission to catalyse transformation through innovation. Headquartered in Amsterdam, with circa 160 people distributed all over the EU, EIT Climate-KIC leads and orchestrates innovation with a community of more than 400. Together we conduct activities in 39 countries. We partner with cities, regions, governments and communities with the highest climate action ambition; providing the framework and expert support to holistically manage the complexity of climate change and deliver accelerated climate action.
EIT Climate-KIC operates as a not-for-profit platform working through public-private partnership, wielding both public and private funding. We consist of 3 Legal entities: a Dutch BV Holding company (for profit) with 14 branches in European jurisdictions, providing grant management, innovation orchestration services, and impact investment advisory owned by a Dutch-based foundation with charity status – Climate-KIC International Foundation – with subsidiaries in the UK.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Community Manager will be pivotal in coordinating the activities of our global Community of ESOs (Entrepreneurship Support Organizations), with a sharp focus on climate change adaptation. This individual will facilitate collaboration, learning, and resource-sharing among stakeholders, advancing our mission to invigorate private sector innovation in climate adaptation within the international community with a special focus on Latin America and Africa.
- Spearhead the coordination and implementation of the Community of ESOs key components.
- Foster educational sharing and manage the provision of resources across a digital platform to engage an international community spanning LDCs and developing countries.
- Facilitate internal processes to ensure seamless delivery and integration of project activities.
- Actively contribute to cross-functional tasks within the team, enhancing the organization’s overarching goals related to entrepreneurship and innovation.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in entrepreneurship and innovation management, particularly within systems programs.
- Proven track record of delivering projects in emerging markets, including but not limited to Africa and Latin America (preferred, not essential).
- A solid grasp of sustainability concepts such as the circular economy, blue economy, inclusivity, and/or adaptation to climate change.
- A history of building and maintaining robust partnerships across diverse innovation and entrepreneurship networks.
- Experience in organizing and directing both individual and group events, with a capacity for managing virtual engagements independently.
- A knack for nurturing communities of partners and/or crafting entrepreneurial content tailored for start-ups and/or accelerators is advantageous.
- The Community Manager will demonstrate a strong ability to work across multicultural teams and geographies, with an emphasis on inclusivity and collaboration.
- They will exhibit exceptional organizational skills, with a capacity to handle complex projects under tight deadlines.
- The role demands a proactive mindset, with the Community Manager expected to autonomously steer community initiatives and events that bolster the practice’s reach and impact.
Candidates must have the right to work in the location they’re applying for (I.e. not require visa sponsorship) prior to applying for the position. Ideally, the successful candidate will be based close to one of the EIT Climate KIC offices, but we support fully remote or hybrid forms of working and offer a high degree of flexibility.
To ensure that we can respond to every single applicant, we will close the role once we receive a reasonable pool of candidates to assess.
- Team: Entrepreneurship Solutions & Ventures
- Contract: 12 months fixed-term contract with possibility to extend/convert to perm.
- Level: Intermediate
- Location: Across all Climate KIC locations
- Start Date: As soon as possible
Apply By: Interviews will happen on a rolling basis till we find the right candidate. It is advisable to apply as early as possible.