Bryden Wood London is looking for Associate/Senior Sustainability Consultant to join our dynamic and growing international architectural team. You will work closely with Architects and Engineers to develop complex, innovative, exciting projects.
Reporting to Director(s) and Head of Sustainability. You will be responsible for the overall delivery of sustainability projects, ensuring that a high standard of technical advice and general professional conduct is maintained at all times and in accordance with Bryden Wood standards and procedures.
The role requires the Associate/Senior to liaise with clients and colleagues to deliver projects with the highest sustainability credentials. The Associate/Senior will demonstrate management attributes including ownership of relationships and projects, to be a strong team player, be a professional with a proven ability to think creatively, and act tactically and efficiently with successful delivery of design projects. The Associate/Senior must have a good awareness of the company’s culture and core values and lead by example.
The Associate is also involved in the following:
- Communications and networking
- Administration and co-ordination of the team (some elements)
- Financial accounting and reporting (some elements).
Leadership and managing responsibilities
- Participate and run project sustainability workshops, and seminars
- Maintain regular contact with existing Clients and build on existing relationships
- Maintaining communication with line manager and directors, keeping them informed of progress and seeking assistance to address project delivery and client issues.
- Support the Head of Sustainability in team management, client management and communication, fee proposals and resourcing
- Represent Bryden Wood in design team meetings and client meetings
- Contribute to group leadership
- Support and mentoring junior staff
- Encourage awareness and enforce compliance with company standards and procedures
- Recommend sustainable strategies for projects, including energy, carbon, wellbeing, water, waste, materials and circular economy.
- Support the development of analytical frameworks of the economic, environmental and social issues in buildings, cities and large area masterplans
- Manage and evaluate energy and carbon flows and impacts of design options for projects
- Manage and co-ordinate embodied carbon calculations
- Manage and co-ordinate energy, daylight, solar and thermal comfort simulations
- Working with the group to produce, technical information, reports, presentations, graphics and digital models
- Develop new tools, procedures and methodologies to assess environmental impacts and apply them to our projects