We’re JLL. We’re a professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We help organizations around the world achieve their ambitions by owning, occupying and investing in real estate.
If you’re looking to step up your career, JLL is the perfect professional home. At JLL, you’ll have a chance to innovate with the world’s leading businesses, put that expertise into action on landmark projects, and work on game-changing real estate initiatives. You’ll also make long-lasting professional connections through sharing different perspectives, and you’ll be inspired by the best. We’re focused on opportunity and want to help you make the most of yours. Achieve your ambitions – join us at JLL!
This is a client-facing role, guiding clients in the repurposing of assets to net carbon zero while maximising return on income; and delivering step changes in sustainability performance for buildings.
The UK government has an ambitious target to make the UK NZC by 2050. Around 40% of the UK’s carbon emissions are produced by the built environment, so to achieve the government’s target, all new construction and all existing buildings will need to be delivered to NZC. This is an immense task and while 2050 seems a long way off, many of our clients want to start the transition of their buildings to NZC now and be prepared for the future.
While the NZC building market is embryonic, we are gathering the best talent in the industry to create the leading NZC design team so that, together with other JLL business lines, we can provide our clients with the right strategic advice, design, construction and post construction monitoring and verification for NZC building solutions.
We have a diverse team of engineers and sustainability professionals, which enables us to guide our clients through all sustainability requirements for projects, combining NZC with equally critical sustainability criteria, maximising opportunities to deliver best-in-class sustainable developments. This also provides a great environment for personal learning and development.
Joining the team now you will help shape its future and be directly engaged in the market that is going to dominate the construction industry for decades.
What This Job Involves
- Providing technical leadership across the NZC design team
- Reviewing existing buildings from site surveys, as built information, energy data and research; and quantify a building’s key energy performance factors
- Creating and checking others’ detailed thermal models; and using your understanding of a building’s engineering and building fabric factors to determine an efficient NZC building design
- Oversight of work of less experienced colleagues, including coaching and technical training
- Day-to-day responsibility for projects or client programmes of work, with director support
- Liaising with clients to discuss and outline NZC or other technical design solutions
- Working with our in-house cost management team to evaluate cost efficient NZC design solutions
- Preparation of NZC briefs, feasibility studies and design guides
- Undertaking whole life carbon assessments
- May involve combining NZC advice with broader sustainability advice and management for projects, coordinating NZC with BREEAM and WELL etc
- Monitoring industry trends, evaluating new products and services and collaborating with internal energy and sustainability professionals to share and learn best practices and publish case studies of successful initiatives.
- Assisting with business development initiatives and client pitches
- Working with the leadership team to grow the business
Sound like you? To apply you need to be / have:
- A passion for sustainable and NZC buildings
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A Building Services or Environmental Engineering degree or equivalent Post Graduate qualification in Sustainable Design
- Chartered status
- Minimum 8 years’ building services engineering and/or environmental engineering or design experience
- Very competent in IES VE software and CIBSE TM 54 thermal modelling. Familiar with IES Apache HVAC and DfP modelling
- A background in the design and construction of low energy/NZC buildings, ideally within the retrofit market
- Familiar with Part L/SAP modelling and up to date with the proposed changes to these regulations
- Competent in AutoCAD and ideally Revit
- A very good understanding of the UK GBC and LETI industry standards for NZC buildings
- An understanding of BREEAM and specifically the Energy related credits
- Knowledge or experience in OneClickLCA is desirable
- Knowledge of the Passivhaus Standard is desirable
- Experience in wider sustainability consulting for construction projects, such as WELL & CRREM is also desirable
If you have most, but not all of these skills, please feel free to apply, as, for the right candidates, supplementary training and support can be provided.
Every day is different, and in all these activities, we’d encourage you to show your ingenuity.
Diversity and Inclusion is at the heart of JLL. We believe in recruiting, retaining, rewarding and developing all our employees with regard to their abilities and contributions and without reference to their background, gender, gender identity, ethnic origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, political belief, disability or long-term health condition.
We are committed to making all stages of our recruitment process and employment accessible to candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions. Please do feel able to be open about this at any point during the process and our recruitment team will work with you to establish the most appropriate adjustments. We are keen to support all our employees with juggling their work, personal and family commitments and alongside our approach to flexible working, we have a comprehensive parental transition support programme to assist parents during the early months and years of parenthood.
JLL Ltd is a Living Wage accredited business, as we believe a fair day’s work deserves a fair days’ pay. To find out more about our Living Wage accreditation please go here http://www.jll.co.uk/united-kingdom/en-gb/about/living-wage?devicechannel=default
What You Can Expect From Us
You’ll join an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together – across the desk and around the globe. Where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, wellbeing, benefits and pay. Join us to develop your strengths and enjoy a fulfilling career full of varied experiences. Keep those ambitions in sights and imagine where JLL can take you…
Apply today at www.jll.com/careers
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at [email protected]. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.