- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in program or project management.
- 5 years of experience in Corporate Sustainability.
- Experience in stakeholder/client management.
- 5 years of experience managing cross-functional or cross-team projects.
Experience in developing and implementing stakeholder and/or client engagement plans.
- Excellent writing skills with experience drafting briefing documents and executive talking points.
- Ability to communicate effectively with multiple levels including the executive leadership team, peers, managers, and junior staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Program Manager at Google, you’ll lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish — working with stakeholders to plan requirements, manage project schedules, identify risks, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. Your projects will often span offices, time zones, and hemispheres. It’s your job to coordinate the players and keep them up to date on progress and deadlines.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
At Google, we strive to build sustainability into everything we do. From helping users engage in sustainability features to working to achieve operations, we align our practices, partnerships, and products around a single mission — to foster sustainability at scale. Partnership and effective stakeholder engagement is critical to achieving these objectives.
The Global Sustainability team enables Google to build a more sustainable future for everyone by driving strategy and solutions. We drive the development and implementation of Google’s global sustainability strategy to further empower action, ensure alignment and prioritization, identify leadership opportunities, and mitigate risks. We drive sustainability strategy and programs on carbon, circular economy, water, product integration, reporting, and employee engagement, while serving as a sustainability leadership advocate internally and externally.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $136,000-$203,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Design and deliver optimized program communication plans, including executive and key partner communications.
- Build trusted relationships with program stakeholders, including managing expectations of executive cross-functional leads and ensuring they have the insights they need to make effective decisions.
- Lead in the planning, management, and delivery of key ‘Google-led’ external workshops, events, dialogues, and meetings that support the delivery of our partnerships and engagement strategy. This includes, but is not limited to logistics, agendas, planning, minutes, and the development of outcome reports.
- Work as POC for internal sustainability groups and work with these groups to shape a joint engagement strategy in alignment with Google’s sustainability priorities and internal teams interests/priorities.
- Support project management for the development of Google’s sustainability stakeholder engagement strategy and its implementation.