ABOUT ATELIER TEN
We are an international environmental design consultancy creating high-performance, sustainable, award-winning buildings. Buildings that give back to the wider environment, don’t waste resources and make people feel good. We have been designing for the climate emergency since our founding in 1990. Read more on our website at www.atelierten.com.
Atelier Ten are committed to fostering an environment of inclusion and diversity. We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most innovative talent on our team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The job is a full-time position in our Melbourne or Sydney office, working within our integrated team of environmental design consultants, sharing your passion for energy analysis, high performance architecture and building science. You will get to work on exciting and innovative projects ranging from mixed use developments, education, commercial, institutional buildings, and masterplans. You will work directly with clients, architects, engineers, and other consultants to provide analyses and recommendations that drive design decisions, enabling projects to meet challenging sustainability goals.
Your role will focus on building performance simulation with an initial focus on NABERS. Your role will also include net zero carbon, Green Star, LEED, WELL, Living Building Challenge, Passive House, and Section J. Your work will inform building design teams on strategies for energy conservation, carbon emissions reductions, net zero buildings, thermal comfort, and more. You will manage your time and budget on analysis tasks and small projects with the support of your supervisor. You will contribute to the technical design practice and help junior team members deliver tasks.
We’re looking for someone who is proactive and self-motivated with an appreciation and willingness to learn. While this role is focused on energy analysis, we can also offer opportunities in other areas as part of your professional development. We will actively encourage and support your involvement in relevant industry organisations. Many of our staff participate in professional organisations, industry conferences and events, and teach/engage with local universities.
In return for your enthusiasm and commitment, we offer exciting project work, broad industry experience, opportunities for career growth and involvement in the design process, and a flexible work environment. Perhaps most importantly, you’ll get the freedom to contribute ideas and play an active part in the design process. You’ll get to make a genuine personal difference, in a way that’s not always possible in a bigger corporate environment.
WHO ARE YOU?
You’re proactive, self-motivated, a team-player and comfortable taking responsibility across multiple sustainable building projects. You get excited about learning new things and enjoy sharing your skills and knowledge across the company.
Qualified candidates ideally possess:
· Bachelor’s or higher degree in a field related to engineering, architecture, and/ or building science
· 2+ years’ professional experience in whole building energy simulation and/or NABERS Energy simulation, including detailed HVAC modelling
· Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and IES-VE, including the ApacheHVAC module
Proficiency in any of the following would be a plus, but is not required:
· Rhino, Grasshopper, Ladybug Tools, EnergyPlus, DesignBuilder, Diva, Radiance, FirstRate5, PHPP, Visual Basic, Python, eQuest/DOE2, WUFI, or THERM.
· Energy modelling experience with at least a few of the following: Green Star Reference Building pathway, Section J, NatHERS, ASHRAE 90.1 Appendix G,
· Proficiency in written and spoken English, and good verbal, interpersonal and writing skills
· Permit to work in Australia
· Topic expertise in an aspect of sustainability in built environment.
· Proficiency in graphical software such as Adobe InDesign or Illustrator, MS PowerPoint, or Bluebeam.