This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and ambitious individual to be involved in a progressive company, whilst working in a supportive team environment.
We are a team of energy and sustainability consultants operating throughout the UK tackling the Climate Emergency. We carry out energy modelling and produce detailed analysis on building performance to inform design and support the delivery of projects from concept stage masterplanning through to construction and completion.
We are looking for an Energy & Sustainability / Passivhaus Consultant to join our Glasgow team. The role is ideally suited to an individual with experience of being involved in the delivery of residential new-build projects either as a fully qualified architect, architectural technician / technologist or certified Passivhaus consultant. The preferred candidate will have excellent knowledge of the key factors that impact on building performance including fabric design, thermal bridging, ventilation and airtightness, heating and hot water solutions, and renewable technology.
- Experience of being involved in the delivery of new-build residential projects
- Experience of operating within the affordable and social housing sector
- Experience of analysing and understanding the energy performance of buildings
- Understanding of detailed construction drawings
- Understanding of SAP / PHPP methodology
- Understanding of U-value / thermal bridging methodology
- Knowledge and understanding of energy and sustainability Building Standards in Scotland
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent work ethic and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent Autodesk AutoCAD skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and communicate effectively
- Ability to create detailed reports to a high standard
- Fluent spoken and written English is essential as is your eligibility to work in the UK
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Competitive salary
- Company pension contribution
- 30 days annual leave per year including bank / public holidays
- Training and career progression opportunities
- Flexible working