This is the role
As the Director of European Investor Relations, you will play a pivotal role in shaping and executing a world-class investor relations strategy for a prominent global mega-cap public corporation. Your primary responsibility will involve collaborating closely with the Head of Investor Relations to craft and implement an investor relations program that caters specifically to European ESG investors.
Your duties encompass nurturing relationships with institutional investors and analysts, facilitating precise and impactful communication of the company’s performance, strategy, and outcomes. Your ability to effectively collaborate with the executive team, particularly the CEO, CFO, and business leadership, will be crucial to ensure a comprehensive understanding of leveraging perspectives, issues, and information flow. The position will be located in either London or Rotterdam.
• Analyze LYB’s financial, operating and sustainability performance and strategies to assist in the development and delivery of effective communications for the investment community that result in the fair valuation of the company’s equity and debt securities;
• Accelerate engagement with prospective ESG investors to drive increased investment;
• Deepen our engagement with ESG stewardship teams at existing investors to increase retention and broaden fund participation;
• Partner with LYB Sustainability group and advisors to assess investor-relevant information required to drive increased ESG investment and close actionable gaps in our disclosures;
• Assist in gathering and reporting the investment community’s perspective and input to executive management and the Supervisory Board;
• Assist in the development and delivery of quarterly earnings reporting, annual reports, sustainability reporting, SEC filings and other strategic communications;
• Comply with public disclosure obligations and all relevant securities laws, rules, and regulations;
• Assist in the education of prospective and existing shareholders and analysts to ensure appropriate valuation of the company and respond to their specific inquiries;
• Assist in elevating the performance and capabilities of the LYB investor relations team through the development of sustainable work processes;
• Accomplish work through strong relationships with an extended multi-functional team that contributes to IR efforts including individuals from Accounting, Communications, Financial Planning & Analysis and Legal;
• Assist in providing counsel to executive management on competitive intelligence and company decisions that will potentially create or destroy value for shareholders.
This is who you are
You are a strong communicator who influences diverse audiences confidently. With expertise in the European ESG investment realm, you work autonomously while aligning with corporate strategies. Passionate and curious, you excel in distilling complex financial data for innovative analysis. Your analytical thinking combines strategic, financial, and business insights, and you engage effectively with internal and external executives. Adept at simplifying intricate matters, you embody the company’s ethos in various settings. Your ethical handling of confidential information defines your integrity. If this resonates, join us to make an impact.
This is what you bring
• Minimum of a bachelor degree, typically in a chemical or financial discipline with an MBA preferred;
• 10 or more years of professional work experience in a combination of disciplines including petrochemical business, planning and financial analysis;
• Strong skills in business modeling and analysis with high proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint. Agility in working independently with diverse and evolving software applications including SAP and online databases;
• High fluency with verbal and written English; fluency in an additional European language desired;
• Up to 10% travel required, including international. Passport required.
This is what we offer
We offer an environment where we encourage personal and professional growth and where you will be rewarded for your performance and results. You will have the possibility to work with specialist on all fields to develop innovative solutions and to extend your national and international network. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary package. The Company’s Global Remote Work Policy allows eligible employees the option to work up to three days a week from home. LyondellBasell is committed to advancing diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) to ensure a positive experience for all employees.