Janssen Pharmaceutica NV . is recruiting for an Assistant Project Manager Sustainability, Digital Health Devices located in Belgium for a fixed-term contract and will be part of the Office of Sustainability.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal.
Janssen is the coordinator of DiCE, which brings together 20 organizations from designing, manufacturing, recycling, policy monitoring from 9 countries across Europe. The initiative receives co-funding through the European Union’s Horizon Europe program. Together, the DiCE collaborators will look at every point in the lifecycle of digital health devices from design to disposal, to help extend or responsibly dispose of these products. DiCE is a multi-year collaboration and will conclude towards the end of 2026. More details can be found at DiCE Project – Circular Digital Health: www.circulardigitalhealth.eu and via @circulardigitalhealth on LinkedIn. The project’s Kick-off was held October 4-6 in Antwerp.
Sustainability & Product Footprinting
- Coordinate the mapping of value chain models for each of the proposed DICE solutions and their benchmark. This value chain model will include: a diagram of the system (including all life cycle stages and regional differences), the identification of system boundaries, the definition of the functional unit (based on the functional performance of the DICE solutions)
- Setup a life cycle inventory including a quantitative overview of all inputs and outputs to the value chain required to calculate the mass and energy balances, including qualitative social data.
- Support all other activities related to the circularity, environmental, social & economic sustainability impact assessment and the development and evaluation of Integrative Circular Digital Health Dashboards and Consequential Feedback Loop Models
Project Management Office
- Support the coordinator in project management and liaise with the supporting contractor. Tasks include participation to meetings, and developing, monitoring and reviewing of deliverables.
Design for circularity
- Support the development of innovative designs, by sharing processes of device reuse, remanufacturing, and recycling for Janssen and MedTech as well as the wider industry.
The Manager Digital Health Sustainability will partner with functions within the two J&J segments, as well as with the entire DiCE consortium and related EU-funded projects.
- MSc degree in computer science, social sciences, physical sciences, math, engineering, statistics, and/or sustainability focused degree.
- Project management with collaboration skills.
- Communication skills.
- Experience working independently in a consortium environment.
- Experience with data management, and attention to detail.
- Passionate about Our Credo and driven to change the trajectory of health for humanity.
- PhD degree in related field, strongly preferred.
- Experience in conducting LCA and in working with LCA software
- Familiar with current circular thinking.
- Experience sharing data and analytics insights to technical and non-technical audiences.
As this is an EU funded project, annual events where all partners meet will be held face to face, which will require travel. Travel is estimated up to 10%.