Are you doing something innovative to improve access to affordable housing in Africa region?
The Africa Housing Forum Innovation Awards promote innovations in affordable housing solutions across multiple sectors to decrease the housing deficit. The awards seek to demonstrate the importance of strategic collaboration that fosters innovations, especially through people-public-private-partnerships. The focus of these awards will be to promote and reward initiatives that address real need and provide affordable, disaster-resilient, inclusive, and sustainable solutions with an added lens of COVID-19 pandemic considerations.
- “Affordable” is defined as providing housing solutions that are directly accessible and affordable to the poorest and most vulnerable.
- “Housing” refers to a home of an individual, family, or other unit in any tenure status (e.g. owner occupied, rental, etc.) in the urban or rural context.
- “Innovation” refers to novelty elements of the initiative that make it stand out among other existing solutions or alternatives.
Deadline for submission: March 31, 2022
ShelterTech (sponsored by the Hilti Foundation) – Technology innovations including products and services, led by the private sector, that provide practical solutions to affordable housing challenges and can be commercially scaled and replicated to reach more low-income households and communities are encouraged to apply for this category.
Best Practices – Practices originated by public or public-private partnerships, which contribute to improved communities and settlements and increased access to affordable housing for the most disadvantaged segments of society.
Public Policies – Actions or plans across all levels of government that help reduce the housing deficit while taking into consideration the specific needs of minorities and vulnerable and marginalised populations.
Please choose the relevant category for your innovation and fill out the submission form. Organizations with initiatives within Africa region are eligible to apply. Please the contest guidelines for further details.
- 3 winners (1 per category) will receive cash prize USD 5000.
- Top 12 finalists will be invited to present their initiatives to at the Africa Housing Forum on May 13, 2022
- Each winner will be invited to join the Habitat for Humanity delegation and attend the World Urban Forum in Katowice, Poland in June 2022, with paid travel and accommodation costs.
- Finalists and winners will benefit from Habitat for Humanity and its partners’ marketing and visibility efforts.